The Teaching Transformation and Development Academy (TTaDA) is excited to offer two new summer workshops.
The workshops will consist of five integrated sessions focused on creating opportunities for deep learning and designing learning environments to encourage student success.
These workshops are intended for faculty, instructors and graduate students teaching online, on-ground or blended courses.
This is a free professional development opportunity that does not include a stipend. See workshop descriptions below for more information and registration links. For additional information or questions, please contact Dr. Lori Swinney or call TTaDA (777.3325).
Technology can feel dehumanizing and sterile. Whether you are teaching on-campus, online, hybrid or blended courses, Blackboard and other academic technologies are often a distancing interface between students, instructors, and learning.
In this workshop, we will explore best practices for making students feel welcome, building community, creating a user-friendly learning
environment, and reducing barriers to success. The workshop is integrated and participants are expected to attend all five sessions.
Reasons to Attend
• Learn about additional ways to connect meaningfully with students through technology
• Explore ways to make large enrollment courses feel more connected
• Create a class structure that reduces student frustrations with technology interfaces
• Make sure that the technology you implement facilitates student learning
• Gain a better understanding of how students experience academic technologies
• Explore instructional technologies that work best to meet student learning outcomes and retention
• Share ideas with colleagues about teaching methods
Click here to register for this workshop! Registration is requested by May 11, 2018.
Monday, June 4 at 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm
Tuesday, June 5 at 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm
Wednesday, June 6 at 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm
Thursday, June 7 at 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm
Friday, June 8 at 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm
Starcher Hall, 137
10 Cornell St, Grand Forks, ND 58202
If you are a member of the University of North Dakota community, please log in with your UND account.
If you are not a member of the University of North Dakota community, please login via one of the options below to access our interactive calendar.Login with Facebook Login with Google Login with Twitter Login with LinkedIn
The UND calendar is for university events only. All event submissions are reviewed and approved before posting. Please allow up to two days for events to appear. For more information see our Calendar Guidelines.