About this Event
Developing a publishing strategy early on will ensure you target the best journals and conferences in your discipline and maximize your research impact. In this workshop, you will compare traditional and open access publishing, use key resources to identify quality journals and conferences, and begin developing your publishing strategy. Methods for promoting your research, retaining your author rights, and developing your research profile will also be discussed. Note: the Chester Fritz Library will offer several how to, hands-on sessions related to research topics in the weeks immediately following this workshop.
By the end of the session students will:
- Identify journals to target
- Compare traditional and open-access publishing
- Establish ways to ensure your research output is correctly attributed
- Develop a preliminary plan to promote research through formal and informal channels
- Learn about transparency in research, including pre-registration of hypotheses and Open Science
Presented by Chester Fritz Librarians: Zeineb Yousef, Digital Initiatives Librarian & Brittany Fischer, Scholarly Communication Librarian
Event will be held only on Zoom. Meeting link will be provided upon registration.
Open to currently enrolled UND graduate students.