About this Event
Due to UND’s weather-related closure, Graduate Student Appreciation Week activities, originally scheduled for April 4-6, have been cancelled. Many of the activities have been rescheduled to April 25-26. See updated calendar of events below.
The Brick and Barley social event, originally scheduled for April 4, has been rescheduled to April 25, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Win it Wednesday Door Prizes and Virtual Bingo, originally scheduled for April 5, have been rescheduled to April 26. Virtual Bingo will be held at 4-5pm.
The Grand Prize Drawing, originally scheduled for April 10, has been rescheduled to April 27. All currently enrolled graduate students will be entered into the door prize and Grand Prize drawings for a chance to win. Winners will be notified by UND email.
The Taco in a Bag event, originally scheduled for April 6, has been cancelled and will not be rescheduled due to scheduling conflicts.
If you have any questions, please email julie.bean@UND.edu.
Graduate Student Appreciation Week celebrates the important role our graduate and professional students play on campus and at a distance!
Our graduate students are a valued part of the University of North Dakota community every day of the year, but we can't help but celebrate you in a special way this week! Graduate appreciation week is dedicated to fun and fellowship with other graduate students. All currently enrolled UND graduate students are invited to participate.
ALL WEEK - FREE MOVIE VOUCHER
- Free admission to any movie at River Cinema 15.
- Movie voucher must be picked up in advance at UND Student Involvement Office starting April 3.
- One voucher per graduate student. Valid April 3 through April 7. Student ID required.
APRIL 3 – KICK IT OFF MONDAY WITH FREE BREAKFAST SANDWICHES
- Kickoff the week’s festivities with a free breakfast sandwich at the Gershman Graduate Center from 9am–11am (while supplies last).
APRIL 4 – SOCIAL HOUR TUESDAY AT BRICK & BARLEY BAR & RESTAURANT
- Join us for free appetizers at Brick & Barley Bar & Restaurant (9 N 3rd Street, Grand Forks, ND) from 4:30-6:30pm.
- Free appetizers will be served starting at 4:30pm. Voucher for one free non-alcoholic beverage will be provided. Student ID required.
- RSVP HERE.
APRIL 5 – WIN IT WEDNESDAY WITH ALL DAY DOOR PRIZE DRAWINGS
- Door prize drawings for UND Graduate School gear and gift cards will be held at 9am, 11am, 1pm, and 3pm.
- All currently enrolled graduate students automatically entered to win. Winners will be announced on Facebook and notified by email.
- Participate in virtual Bingo from 4-5pm for your chance to win! Register HERE by April 5, 12pm to participate!
APRIL 6 – TACO THURSDAY
- Join us for lunch at the Gershman Graduate Center from 11:30am – 1pm. Taco in a bag will be served on the 2nd floor (while supplies last).
GRAND PRIZE DRAWING
- Participate in our graduate appreciation week activities for a chance to win one of the following five GRAND prizes! Airpods Pro with Case, Amazon Fire HD 10 Tablet, JBL Charge 5 Wireless Speaker, Pair of UND Lawn Chairs, and Pair of Yeti Coffee Mugs. To enter the drawing, complete the following:
- On campus graduate students: Attend any of the four available in person food/social events held this week (one door prize entry per event)
- Online graduate students: Beginning April 3, find the UND School of Graduate Studies Facebook page, comment on any of the three “Grand Prize Drawing” posts by answering the question on each post, and/or attend the Virtual Bingo event on April 5 (One door prize entry per Facebook response, limited to one response per post). Online students who don’t have a Facebook account (only) may submit their responses to each of the Facebook posts via Qualtrics survey starting April 3, access the survey HERE.
- BONUS ENTRY: Visit the Gershman Graduate Center from April 3-6 and post a picture on Facebook OR Instagram with the hashtags “#UNDProud and #UNDGradWeek2023” for ONE bonus grand prize drawing entry. One post per student. Online students, find the Facebook post of the virtual tour of the Gershman Graduate Center and answer the question in the caption for a bonus entry.
- Maximum 5 door prize entries per online or on campus student.
All currently enrolled UND graduate students are invited to participate. Student ID required at events. Questions? Contact Julie Bean, (julie.bean@UND.edu).
Please join in the celebration!
3233 University Ave, Stop 8179 Grand Forks, ND 58202