About this Event
Please join us for the Teaching Transformation and Development Academy's Fall 2021 book read: Diversity's Promise for Higher Education: Making it Work.
Registration ends September 20, 2021.
TTaDA will provide registered participants with a copy of Diversity’s Promise for Higher Education: Making It Work by Daryl G. Smith. In this book, Smith draws together research from a wide variety of fields. Smith proposes a set of clear and realistic practices that help colleges and universities locate diversity as a strategic imperative and pursue diversity efforts that are inclusive of the varied—and growing— issues campuses face without losing focus on the critical unfinished business of the past.
Timeline for the book reading event is as follows:
- September 29, 2021 - Book Read Kickoff and Book Distribution, 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM, Memorial Union Ballroom C
- Week of October 11: Read and Discuss Part I
- Week of October 25: Read and Discuss Part II
- Week of November 8: Read and Discuss Part III
- Week of November 29: Read and Discuss Part IV
- December 8, 2021 - Book Read Wrap Up, 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM, O’Kelly 343