About this Event
Dr. Bowman is one of the foremost euphonium players in the world and as pedagogue, he has no rivals. He was the former Euphonium Soloist in the United States Air Force Band and is the Regents Professor of Euphonium, University of North Texas. His history of euphonium “firsts” is impressive:
• First euphonium recital in New York’s Carnegie Recital Hall, 1976
• First Euphoniumist to serve as President of the International Tuba and Euphonium Association
• First euphonium concert tour of Japan
• First Guest Euphonium Artist-Falcone International Euphonium Competition
• First euphonium master class at the Paris Conservatory Superior of Music, France
• Master teacher at the first Deutsche Tubaforum workshop to include the euphonium, tenor horn and baritone, Hammelburg, Germany, 1991
This is his third return visit to UND and his residency activities include the following:
March 9, 8:00, HFAC Josephine Campbell Recital Hall
UND Low Brass Studio Recital; Drs. Bowman and Pugh will also perform on this.
March 10, 8:00, Chester Fritz Auditorium
Dr. Bowman will perform four solos with the UND University Band and Wind Ensemble. Tickets are sold at the door and are $7 for adults, $3 for students and seniors, $14 for families of 4, and current military are free with ID.
March 11, 2:00, HFAC Room 152
Dr. Bowman will talk to the UND Music Majors about Military Band Careers.
March, 11, 8:00, HFAC Josephine Campbell Recital Hall
Dr. Bowman will present a solo recital, entitled The Vocal Euphonium with Roxanne Gessler accompanying on Piano.
3350 Campus Rd, Grand Forks, ND 58202
0 People are interested in this event