About this Event
Join the North Dakota Varsity Esports program for another round of the 4-fun Tournament Series. Saturday, September 19th at 5 PM, Rocket League will be hosted on the UND Esports Discord Server. All skills and experience welcome!
Rocket League 2v2
September 19th - 5 p.m.
UND is hosting a 2v2 Rocket League competition in the hopes of forging friendships and strong bonds between players. In order to facilitate meeting new people, we disallow premade teams and will be ‘randomly’ generating teams, though rank will be accounted for as much as is reasonable.
- Cross platform play is allowed
- All matches will take place online
- All matches will be Bo3, until the Grand Finals, which is Bo5
- Default server is US-East
- Single elimination format
- All teams will be randomly created from a pool, with rank accounted for. No premade teams unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- Teams that are eliminated can take part in a casual Rumble competition.
- This event will take place on Saturday, the 19th of September, at 5 pm. It is a one day event.
- Matches cannot be rescheduled.
Team Composition and Player Eligibility
- Players will register and provide their rank and ID.
- Players can list if they have teammates they dislike and would not like to be paired with. We will honor these requests.
- Smurfing is disallowed and players caught will be penalized.
- All players must be UND students or faculty.
- Students will be expected to verify their status in the UND Esports discord before playing.
- All players must be in the discord in order to play, though only one has to communicate for the matches
- Lobby password and username will be determined by varsity program staff and communicated to the teams involved
- Mode: Soccer
- Arena: Any ‘standard’ map, though both teams can unanimously agree to do one outside of this criteria
- Standard Map Pool: Aquadome, Beckwith Park, Champions field, DFH Stadium, Mannfield, Neo Tokyo, Salty Shores, Starbase ARC, Urban Central, Utopia Coliseum, Wasteland
- Team Size: 2v2
- Mutators: None
- Match Time: 5 minutes
- Server: US-East
- All other settings should be left at default values
- Teams must always maintain a roster of two players. In the event of one player leaving, it will automatically disqualify the remaining player.
- If a player disconnects, the game will continue. Teams can wait 5 minutes for the disconnected player to return before the team without 2 players is disqualified.
- Interactions should be kept cordial and friendly. Issues relating to bad manner (BM), toxicity, or other inappropriate behavior will be penalized appropriately.
- When in doubt, keep interactions to ‘glhf’ (or related), ‘gg’ (or related), general game setup, technical problems, or other game relevant issues.
- Results can be changed up until the next series in the bracket has begun in the event of a rule being broken, etc.
- Teams will have 10 minutes to show up for their matches before being disqualified.
- Match results must be reported in the appropriate discord channel as soon as the series is completed.
- It is encouraged to save screenshots, recordings, or other evidence in the event of a dispute
- Incorrect Rocket ID’s, smurfing, illegal players, bad manners, falsifying match results, cheating/hacking, etc, will result in penalties.
- For assistance, please notify any Esport Club officer
*These rules are not all inclusive and varsity program staff may amend these rules at any time without warning.
0 People are interested in this event
Join the UND Esports Discord to tune in to the event!
Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/87cn8aZ